ArtSmart serves the Washington town of
Trout Lake and surrounding communities.
A robust education in the arts is essential to the Trout Lake School District’s top commitment to “provide a positive environment that supports the whole child”. I am excited to give my full support to the ArtSmart Trout Lake committee as they seek to raise money to enhance arts education in our school. This has potential to make the arts come alive in all academic disciplines and this would be a wonderful experience for our children.
DOUG DEARDEN | SUPERINTENDENT, TROUT LAKE SCHOOL
1. Develops creative thinking.
2. Provides means of communication and self-expression.
3. Serves as an emotional release.
4. Strengthens the self-concept and confidence.
5. Increases self-understanding.
6. Heightens aesthetic awareness and sensitivity.
7. Enhances the ability to visualize.
8. Provides problem-solving/decision-making opportunities.
9. Develops appreciation for the individuality of others.
10. Leads to the integration of the individual.
11. Serves as a balance to classroom activities.
12. Aids physical coordination.
13. Develops work habits and a sense of responsibility.
14. Aids the adult in understanding and helping the child.
15. Generates joy.
SOURCE: The Power of the Arts to Transform Education: An Agenda for Action,
The Arts Education Partnership Working Group, The John F. Kennedy Center